405 air con low side pressures please

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

greg123
My Cars:

405 air con low side pressures please

Post by greg123 »

Hi,

I think my low side pressure is too high after top up, pump cuttin in and out frequently (3 seconds or so then it cuts out for 10) and air not that cold. at about 20c outside I'm getting 35psi low side at idle full air con on.

Anyone got any low side figures, say for 1,500rpm etc? My data book only tells me the capacity. It's a 96 phase 2 1.9td with climate & was regassed 2 years ago prior to this top up so I'm pretty sure it's 134a (can't see stickers but got to be at that model year right?). Air con always worked over last two years but performance dropped off and low side pressure was down to 22psi before top up and the gauge say 'recharge now....'

Greg.
Tdi VAG mechanic & vegoil converter
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

As far as I can tell using pressures won't give an accurate fill. When I had mine done at the weekend the pressure didn't significantly rise but the amount of gas put into the system did. A high reading could be due to a blockage in the system. There's an ebayer advertises in your area, that maybe the best way to go.

Steve.
not applicable
greg123
My Cars:

Post by greg123 »

Hi Steve,

Agree about the fill, but too much in the system or too little at service time should make a difference, if rpm, load, humidity and temperature are taken into account.

I re-ran the pressure test at 1,500rpm and found it a little high, reduced pressure and now it seems to be working great without the compressor cutting out too often. Originally the compressor was 'in' all the time but it didn't cool much as the pressure had dropped too low after 2 years with no top up, still worked but not very well. It must have taken about 200g of refrigerant to top it up so it was well low.

Cheers, Greg.
steelcityuk wrote:As far as I can tell using pressures won't give an accurate fill. When I had mine done at the weekend the pressure didn't significantly rise but the amount of gas put into the system did. A high reading could be due to a blockage in the system. There's an ebayer advertises in your area, that maybe the best way to go.

Steve.
Tdi VAG mechanic & vegoil converter