XD-3T Engine Information

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ross
My Cars:

XD-3T Engine Information

Post by Ross »

Morning all - hope its going well for everyone
Can anyone proved me with any information about the Peugeot XD-3T engine which I believe was used by fords to power the Granada range of vehicles about 1993 to 1994
I keep searching on the web but get sites mainly from Estonia and information on how the engine is fitted to some light armoured vehicles.
Really I just need to establish the characteristics of the engine although any technical information or comments would be welcomed.
Thanks
Ross
504GLD

Post by 504GLD »

Peugeot XD3T, first appeared the 505GTD Turbo in 1985. Indendor design the same as the previous 1.9/2.1/2.3 with variations in the crank and oil systems etc. 2498cc with a KKK K24 turbo and oil cooler.

The Indenor engine ended up in Ford cars in 2.1, 2.3 and 2.5 form although they are different in several ways to the Peugeot fitment. The most obvious is they sit upright, rather than slanted and utilise a different sump. Secondly the flywheel, air cleaner, oil breathing/rocker cover, cooling fan and starter are ford specific. Some ford engines also had oil coolers where as the Peugeot didn't.