Pug 406 Ciggy Lighter Fuse

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Pug 406 Ciggy Lighter Fuse

Post by CitroJim »

Someone at work has just asked me where his Cigarette Lighter fuse is on his 53 plate 406.

He urgently needs it working for his Tom Tom...

I'll have a look lunchtime but a heads-up would be most appreciated.

Many thanks!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Maybe a bit late now,but fuse number 23 in the facia fuse box under steering wheel to the right.20 amp :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks np :D

Found by trial and error in the end. It was blown. More error though; I put a new one in where I thought the old came from and it was a slot out so the lighter still did not work! It did when the fuse went in the right holes though. Funny it's out of alignment with the others...

He was very grateful. He is a fanatical supporter of our local footy team and depends on his satnav to find the away venues. Tonight is a critical match for the MK Dons in the promotion race he tells me..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

citrojim wrote:and depends on his satnav to find the away venues
Lets hope he has more success than the taxi driver who was sposed to take Earl Spencers Daughter to Stamford Bridge(Chelsea),but entered it in his sat nav & went to Stamford Bridge Yorkshire!!! :D :lol:
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
DaiRees
My Cars:

Post by DaiRees »

citrojim wrote:I put a new one in where I thought the old came from and it was a slot out so the lighter still did not work! It did when the fuse went in the right holes though. Funny it's out of alignment with the others...
Hi

There's a reason for that mate, the fuse can be placed in either position, 1 is permanent live, the other is ignition live. I personally use ignition live, that way I can leave handsfree kit / chargers etc plugged in all the time 8)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

DaiRees wrote:There's a reason for that mate, the fuse can be placed in either position, 1 is permanent live, the other is ignition live.
Thanks Dai, and a very warm welcome to the forum :D

Ah ha! I shall tell the owner tomorrow. As he uses it only for his Tom Tom the ignition switched aspect may be useful to him.
Jim