Poor Handling

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DirtyGertie
My Cars:

Poor Handling

Post by DirtyGertie »

The old girls handling has gone sour seems to roll more in left hand turns, corners, bends etc.

the bushes have all been replaced in the last 18 months but everything else suspension wise is original and shes now nudging 120k miles.

anybody any ideas?

your thoughts appreciated
Vera 2001 5dr 106 1.5D 56k
Gertie 98 5Dr Dturbo No Cat or EGR over 130K R.I.P lost fight with 7.5 Truck :(
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

At 120K the old girl is most likely getting a bit tired generally in the suspension department.

At the rear, all you might need is a set of new shock absorbers. The torsion bars never wear out nor need replacing but the same cannot be said for the front springs. They do loose the plot after a lot of miles.

Broken coils in the springs are not unknown either and can go unnoticed, even at MOT time. I had much the same on a Ford Fiesta many years ago and it was a broken coil, discovered about a month after it's last MOT..

I'd be very inclined to treat her to a new set of front springs and shock absorbers.

A perfect opportunity to put some more sporting ones on perhaps?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DirtyGertie
My Cars:

Post by DirtyGertie »

Thank you Jim for taking the time to reply and to explain the possibilities of my handling woes.

I shall investigate further with this new knowledge in mind.
Vera 2001 5dr 106 1.5D 56k
Gertie 98 5Dr Dturbo No Cat or EGR over 130K R.I.P lost fight with 7.5 Truck :(