Peugeot/Clarion radio/cassette - entered wrong code!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

joshm

Peugeot/Clarion radio/cassette - entered wrong code!

Post by joshm »

Hi all,

I have a 91 205GT and this still has its original Clarion VAR9317 radio cassete player fitted. After a flat battery incident, I accidentally keyed in the wrong code to the stereo and now it's stuck. It just shows the (incorrect code) on the display and won't let me enter the correct one (which I have, incidentally).

I've called various Peugeot service departments and have been given different advice each time so I'm rather confused. The advice so far:

1) Just leave it in place for a few hours, switched on or off, with no key in the ignition and it'll reset itself and ask for the code.
2) Take the radio out and leave it for a few hours before reconnecting it and trying again.
3) Leave the radio in the car, switched on, with the key at the first position in the ignition for a few hours. Then try again.
3) Leave the radio in the car, switched off, with the key at the first position in the ignition for a few hours. Then try again.

None of these have worked. Can anyoine put me out of my misery? It's hardly worth getting the thing decoded since I have the code and it's not exactly state of the art.

Thanks in advance, Josh
OwenP
My Cars:

Post by OwenP »

I don't know if mine is the same radio version, but when ever I've made this mistake I've found that just leaving the radio on for a while with the engine running has worked. As in, when going for a drive after a battery change, I put in the wrong code, left the radio on and when I got where I was going noticed that it was once again asking for the code.
2001 406 Rapier 2.0 HDi 90 Estate - Sold Scrap after being viciously attacked by a falling tree
2001 Toyota MR2 1.8 VVTi - To be sold for spares/repair - dead gearbox :(
2014 Seat Ibiza Eastate 1.4 FR ACT (bought in an emergency, but a nice enough low mileage car)
matt
My Cars:

Post by matt »

The last time it happened to me i just used the car as normal for a day and it sorted itself out,i re entered the code and all was ok

Abeit that was the 405,the one in the 205 is different but still a clarion
92 205 1.9 GTI(MODIFIED,SORRY )
1996 VOLVO 850 2.5 5CYL 10V
1999 EXPERT VAN TD - WHITE !
No more car's thanks!
citroen7
My Cars: 73 stag,86 bx gt 89 bxgti 90 bxgti 4x4 91 metor auto 97 p38 2004 c5 2.0 vtr 2006 c5 estate 1.6

Post by citroen7 »

the more times you enter the wrong code the longer it takes to re set.
if you leave the ignition on so the radio is showing the wrong code and just wait! eventually the radio will revert to "code" enter your proper code and bobs your you no what etc :lol:
joshm

Post by joshm »

Thanks for the replies, I'll be leaving it well alone then (but keeping it switched on). Fingers crossed!