peugeot front bumper

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

grattsim

peugeot front bumper

Post by grattsim »

Can someone give me some advice on removing the front bumper of my 306 D Turbo. (1999)
Is it just a matter of removing the wheel arch liners and losening the brackets. Are there other larger bolts holding it on? If so where would I find these. What else am I likely to have to remove?
All this to change a fog light.... Any guidance would be appriciated. Thanks
Any ideas?
caveman_si
My Cars:

Post by caveman_si »

Dont know what it is like on the 306 but on my old 405 all i had to do to get the rear of the fog lights was take out the wheel liner and then there was enough room for access. The screws holding in the light were on the front of the light so dead easy to take out and fiddle with.

hth
406 lx 1.9td estate
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

the lights are attached from behind the bumper.
Any ideas?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

grattsim wrote:the lights are attached from behind the bumper.
They are, but if you remove the arch liners it is just possible to remove them. You need a very long screwdriver though and a good helping of patience!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

I'll have a try then, I must admit I'd like it to work without taking the bumper off. I just need enough sun to do the job.

If I do have to resort to having the bumper off, Do you know where the extra bolts are hidden?

Thanks
Any ideas?
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

I'll have a try then, I must admit I'd like it to work without taking the bumper off. I just need enough sun to do the job.

If I do have to resort to having the bumper off, Do you know where the extra bolts are hidden?

Thanks
Any ideas?