406 problem after ignition for your urgent help

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jonasy

406 problem after ignition for your urgent help

Post by jonasy »

hi, all,
my 406(essence/2001/RFV/2.0/70,000KM)

after a long time(or not too short)flameout, every time after the ignition, the idle speed is always lower then its normal level(fast idle or speed up idle?),the idle indicator swings and engine shakes harshly for 10-15s, then idle speed goes up to normal and engine stops shake. Sometimes the engine will turn ignition off immediately under a little lower temp. (20c) even now in summer, but it can be easy to turn on again.

Having changed new idling motor and fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, and cleaned throttle body, tank, fuel pump, water temp. sensor. checked air leak. they made without good result.

help me please. :x

there is a another doubt, for my this ride, when not running, its idle speed indicator always swings lightly even when it was new, why?
hcloh
My Cars:

Post by hcloh »

There is another sensor which was not mentioned here that would display a similar symptom. MAP ( Manifold Absolute pressure Sensor ). It is located just below the intake manifold and it is secured by a screw.

hope that helps
"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. "
Ronald Reagan
40th president of US (1911 - 2004)
jonasy

Post by jonasy »

problem of igniton coil?
there are some cracks on surface of crust, and 4 rubber extensions got red!