1996 406 with key pad problems

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

David Humphrey

1996 406 with key pad problems

Post by David Humphrey »

The immobilisr pad won't accept the code after the car battery went flat.Have put a new baterry on and tried to set the code but no joy.Turns over but won't start. Any assistance greatly appreciated.
David
lanciak69
My Cars:

Post by lanciak69 »

any chance its set itself back to the factory setting think its 1111 then you change it to what code you want
IF I CAN HELP I WILL
lanciak69
My Cars:

Post by lanciak69 »

IF I CAN HELP I WILL
lanciak69
My Cars:

Post by lanciak69 »

found this on another post . Our immobiliser keypad has never caused any problems (except when one of the garage staff broke it off with his knee ) until yesterday. The car (1996 TD EL) was in the garage with worn track rod ends and I got the phone call to say that the work was done but they couldn't start the car - "had I had any immobiliser problems?".
When they entered the code, the green LED came on but the red LED also stayed on.
I assumed it was probably a broken wire, but the problem was solved by clearing a fault code through the diagnostic tools. I am guessing that either someone tried to start the car too many times without the code, or someone put in an incorrect code too many times or the fault code was set due to a glitch as the battery was disconnected / reconnected.
So immobiliser problems are not always due to damaged wires. :)
IF I CAN HELP I WILL