205 seats - poverty trim / GTi trim

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

504GLD

205 seats - poverty trim / GTi trim

Post by 504GLD »

My 205 Junior auto has the case of the denium seats being worn out and the classic case of the spot welds on the stabliser bar being cracked. I bought some 1/2 leathers from a series 1 GTi, the drivers seat not being too worn, plus they were cheap! Now its MOT time, i've decided the drivers seat might be a bit to worn again... so I took off the newer sub frames from the Junior seats, and welded the frames back together.

I was always under the impression the poverty trims used different frames to the GTi/XS/Gentry/Garros type seats, but they are identical, so I've done the swop taking the passenger GTi seat and putting it on a drivers frame..sucess.

So the question is, if the sub frame is the same...is the internal frame the same? could I use my Junior seat frame to re mount a crash damaged, and hence cheap GTi leather seat?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I see no reason why not :)

I have an example of both (my GTi and Dads D Junior) and the seats look pretty much a direct swap to me. I've heard of 405 seats going in a 205 as well.

Dad's Junior, being a late one, does not have the denim, it has the later Pug "corporate" cloth as seen in 106s and 306s etc.

His seats are super comfy. You may not find the GTi seats quite as. They are a lot firmer and hug you. If you are umm, of umm, lets say, er, over 12 stone, you may find them a bit on the tight side.

GTi leathers, if found in good order, are not usually cheap. Often, they are coming apart at the stitching, have deep cracks and the side bolsters are collapsed. Mind you, if you are handy with a needle and twine and feed them, it is quite possible to really bring a tired set back to quite nice condition!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
504GLD

Post by 504GLD »

Well this is the thing, its the bolster that goes on the door side. By swopping passenger to driver the wear moves to the otherside. Taking pair of worn seats and swopping the leather panels around makes one good one.

The GTi seats in the Auto really do keep you sat in place, and you find yourself making full use of the 205 handling instead of hanging on to the steering wheel for dear life if your being energetic!
Stu R

Post by Stu R »

Hi when I swapped my awful, awful 205 ??style?? seats for 1/2 leather I dismantled most of the frame a seat bits in the process. I noticed that if you keep the metal base the front seats will go in either a 3 or 5 door. It's only the metal frame that changes.

So basically after looking at a good few scraped 205's the frames look the same other than the 3dr front seats having the flip up function.

The bolsters always seem to collapse unfortunatly so you'll be lucky to find one that has'nt and they usually need some leather food like Saddle food with lanalin and glycerin, as it drys out. There a must though, very comfy :D