Just bought 406 1.9TD 1999 model

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomthered
My Cars:

Just bought 406 1.9TD 1999 model

Post by tomthered »

Guys do I take it from the lack of posts on these that they are fairly reliable? Just bought min at 84k on clock with full service and new cambelt. Previously I have had 4 Xantias and the old BX.

I know the cars are similar but just wondered if there was anything to look out for.

Could do with some instructions as it came without a manual so if anyone can help with photocopies that would be great!! Does anyone know if the radio can be removed and a single din replacing it. Is the fitment the same as on my Xantia?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Truth is Tom, we're all used to Citroens here and if you take away all their complexity you are basically left with a 406 :D :D

And of course what is left is excellent and very trouble-free generally!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
tomthered
My Cars:

Post by tomthered »

one question. can anyone tell me what the digital temperature display is for in the middle of the 406's dash?
lanciak69
My Cars:

Post by lanciak69 »

on the top readout its the temp out side and the bott readout the up /down button controls the inside temp think thats what you mean :)
IF I CAN HELP I WILL
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

Radio comes out with 2 pins. I got talking to mechanic in dealership who took it out gor me. took 5 seconds max
504GLD

Post by 504GLD »

you can download the handbook from Servicebox free, see the posting at the top of the list.