307 Cambelt Change: Difficult?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

307 Cambelt Change: Difficult?

Post by CitroJim »

I've been asked by a friend if I'll service her 307 and swap her cambelt.

It's an early 307 and appears to have what looks like a twin cam TU engine. there is loads of room in the engine bay and on the face of it, the job looks easy enough :)

Is there any traps to watch out for, given that I can swap an XU or XUD belt in my sleep.

How are the sprockets pinned to ensure timing is not lost?

Would it be wise to replace the water pump at the same time? What about replacing tensioners?

Is the belt tensioned automatically or does it use the eccentric adjuster?

Sorry for all the questions. I've had very little to do with TU engines :roll:

Many thanks!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Neither have I, but would that be a very similar engine to the Saxo VTS? In which case there was a long thread not so long ago involving belts with different teeth?
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

philhoward wrote:Neither have I, but would that be a very similar engine to the Saxo VTS? In which case there was a long thread not so long ago involving belts with different teeth?
This the one you were thinking about?

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ambelt+vts

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

That'll be the one, Alan...didn't have chance to do the search last post (burning my dinner in the oven at the time)..
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent :D

Thanks Alan and Phil for digging out that Post! Much appreciated.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...