406 Electric window problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mak224751
My Cars:

406 Electric window problem

Post by mak224751 »

Hi All,

I have got a 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0HDi rapier. The problem i have got is that the drivers side electric window no longer works it happened when i wound the window completely down and it wouldn't come back up. I can hear the motor working when the switch is pressed but the window doesn't respond. Does anybody know why this is happening/how easy it is to fix/how much it is likely to cost to get repaired.

Many thanks
1993 Xantia 1.9TD (Died)
1990 BX 17TZD Turbo
Peugot 406 HDi
caveman_si
My Cars:

Post by caveman_si »

If the motor is still working when you press the switch the window could have come off winder.

Ive only taken a 405 door apart but it wasnt that hard. Be worth having a look yourself. If it is off the winder mechanism just a case of putting back on testing to find out if some has fallen off the should stop it coming off and then reassembling. Get a haines and have a go. Even if you cant fix it you will have an idea of whats wrong.
406 lx 1.9td estate
lanciak69
My Cars:

Post by lanciak69 »

there is plastic clips that hold the window to the lift mecanisim mabey 1 of these have come of ,i like to think of the simple fixes first hope this helps
IF I CAN HELP I WILL
mak224751
My Cars:

Post by mak224751 »

Had a look last night at the window mechanism. Everything seems to be in place there appears to be a wire that runs in a loop through a white plastic thing (sorry don't know the technical term) that the motor is attached to. When i press the switch the motor starts but the wire doesn't move.

Does anyone know if there is something inside that grips the wire that may have sheared or will i have to replace the whole motor and plastic thing.
1993 Xantia 1.9TD (Died)
1990 BX 17TZD Turbo
Peugot 406 HDi
lanciak69
My Cars:

Post by lanciak69 »

had a look at the haynes manual not to clear regards windows but said it was unclear if you can buy motors or regulators separatly or if had to be purchsed together mabey a good second hand one would be the best bet .it also says the windows need to be programed if the battery is disc onected whith the window down .but if you can here the motor working it cant be that ? or could it if you want to try programing them ill type out the instructions .sorry cant be more help :)
IF I CAN HELP I WILL
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

This is a wild guess but if it is anything like the system used on the XM then the wire rusts through and so the motor turns but nothing moves. If this is the case have a look here - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-306-307-4 ... dZViewItem

Steve.
not applicable
lanciak69
My Cars:

Post by lanciak69 »

IF I CAN HELP I WILL
lanciak69
My Cars:

Post by lanciak69 »

forgot to say its a pass side but they mightn have drivers side
IF I CAN HELP I WILL