405 Radiator.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

OwenP
My Cars:

405 Radiator.

Post by OwenP »

Well guess what my 405 has done now. Got back to it from Tesco shopping this evening and spotted a large puddle under the front. The *&^*&^(*&*& thing appears to have a rather large hole in the rad, the five minute journey there and back has emptied the system.

So whats the going rate for a rad replacement and fitting? GSF are quoting £95 for the rad, what other bits would be needed though?

Haven't got the time or patience at the moment to do the job myself.
Thought I'd better post this before I have too much to drink to de-stress this evening.

Cheers all.
2001 406 Rapier 2.0 HDi 90 Estate - Sold Scrap after being viciously attacked by a falling tree
2001 Toyota MR2 1.8 VVTi - To be sold for spares/repair - dead gearbox :(
2014 Seat Ibiza Eastate 1.4 FR ACT (bought in an emergency, but a nice enough low mileage car)
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Need one? I have a not-brilliant-but-doesn't-leak one for very cheap if you need it.

Not too difficult to change too, if you leave the bottom hose connected and remove/replace as an assembly.
This is not a signature.
matt
My Cars:

Post by matt »

As above,just undo it of the pump and feed it out,removing the rad can be a bit tight on models with a/c and pas etc! but it can be done without taking them off.
92 205 1.9 GTI(MODIFIED,SORRY )
1996 VOLVO 850 2.5 5CYL 10V
1999 EXPERT VAN TD - WHITE !
No more car's thanks!
OwenP
My Cars:

Post by OwenP »

Well mine should have a/c but some pillock removed it, and I didn't spot this fact (very annoyed with myself for that) so there should be enough room. Will have a go at it myself then, after all I can't damage the current one much worse, think the hole is about 5 pence piece to penny sized!!

Are there any specific tools that come in handy for the job?

F&F, when you say not-brilliant-but-doesn't-leak, what do you mean? Also how much would you want? feel free to reply to this by pm if you'd prefer.
2001 406 Rapier 2.0 HDi 90 Estate - Sold Scrap after being viciously attacked by a falling tree
2014 Seat Ibiza Eastate 1.4 FR ACT (bought in an emergency, but a nice enough low mileage car)
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Owen.

It's a 1.9TD rad, and it works fine, with no leaks. The only issue with it is that some of the very fine fins towards the bottom of the rad have corroded and fallen out.

Theoretically, if enough of these fins fall out, then the radiator won't work quite as well as it should, but as it stands its cooling capacity is ample for a 1.9TD

I was going to keep it as a spare, but I don't have the space, and really do need to have a clear out.

Couple of beer tokens and it's yours. I don't know how much it would cost to post though.
This is not a signature.
OwenP
My Cars:

Post by OwenP »

fastandfurryous,

you have PM.