306 Cabriolet

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

David Humphrey

306 Cabriolet

Post by David Humphrey »

My daughter has recently bought a 1999 2.0 se convertible and I was wondering whether anyone could tell me what security there is on it. There is no remote on the key and no key pad. Presume there is an immobiliser if no alarm ? Also does anyone know whether the handbook for these is available. Thanks
David
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

would have a transponder immobilizer as standard and i think the alarm was an option.If you go to your peugeot dealers spare parts dept they can order you a new handbook
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....
David Humphrey

Post by David Humphrey »

Thanks for help.Until I get a handbook can anyone tell me what the gauge is at the base of the rev counter It has off min and max .
Thanks
David
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Oil level I believe David.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Brian UK
My Cars:

Post by Brian UK »

Search for the 306 handbook on ebay, they come up quite often. You just have to make sure it covers your car.
Brian.
David Humphrey

Post by David Humphrey »

Thanks for all your help. It was a transponder key and we got one cut and coded for £21 by a local locksmith. I stil can't figur out what the guage is on the rev dial. It has like a gallows sign which might be a dipstick? When you start up it lights up and goes over to max. After a while the light goes out and the needle returns to zero ? Daughter would still like a remote which I think is Infra red as there is the dark red receiver bit near the courtesy light. How do you get that to work please.Can you train a second hand key?
David
Alhambra
My Cars:

Post by Alhambra »

Can I suggest that you join the 306 Cabriolet Club on http://peugeot306cabrioletclub.co.uk/ its members are all cab owners and the site contains a huge amount of technical information that I have found invaluable - it's free.

I have a 2001 phase 3 cab and the gauge on the rev counter is an oil level indicator - an electronic dipstick. It will deflect to indicate the oil level and will then return to zero where ir will stay.

The dark red device is for the security/central locking. Your key should have a large and a small button it which operate the system remotely.

You can download an Owners manual off the 306 Cab Club site. Don't buy a Haynes manaul as it covers little of the cabriolet and don't buy anything relating to hood repairs etc off ebay, these manuals are available on the cab club site.
Tourist
My Cars:

Post by Tourist »

David Humphrey wrote:I stil can't figur out what the guage is on the rev dial. It has like a gallows sign which might be a dipstick? When you start up it lights up and goes over to max. After a while the light goes out and the needle returns to zero ?
Oil pressure, or oil level? If so I think it's supposed to be doing what it's doing.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

I hope your fitting some kind of hoop to it as there was a test on a car show where one rolled. not a pretty site.

Nice cars, and they did a GTi version as well i think :)
Alhambra
My Cars:

Post by Alhambra »

Ah! the infamous roll-over, that's was where the people on the TV motor programme fired it up a roll-over ramp, 10 feet into the air and it crumpled up on landing - surprising!!!

They didn't make a GTi version, they made a S and an SE model in the Phase 3 series, 1.6 automatic and a 1.8. Fantastic cars.
:D :D :D
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

yep oil level on ignition..

on later 406's it is oil temp after that, not on mine though for some reason..