406 Heater blower and Remote central locking

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Interwired

406 Heater blower and Remote central locking

Post by Interwired »

Hi,

I just picked up a 1998 406 2.1 DT LX Estate with a couple of problems.

1. Heater Blower not working. It has the Digital Climate control aircon, but it wont blow any air on Manual or Auto settings. Is there a known common fault ?

2. Remote central locking not working. The red LED lights up on the Keyfob, but it has no affect. Have 1 keys, neither work.

I have checked fuses under the steering wheel area.

Cheers
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I've heard of this a couple of times, and it sounds so similar to the problem they have with the Xantia you'd have to wonder if the cure for the Xant would also work on the 406.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=17322

Worked well on our Xantias, so should be worth at least a look.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Hi, well done on your purchase, it'll bring a smile to your face, especially if you've driven a "feeble" 1.9 :lol:

I had the same problem as you, take out the trim cover under the glovebox, and look for some thick wires going into a white male/female plug arrangement ( only 4 wires ), and then into the motor.

My connection had been arcing, so the plug was well shot and well on the way to catching fire one day - it had actually melted due to the arcing.

I simply cut the plug off both side, and used high ampage bullet connector male/females to make the joint.

Mat
405 STi Auto Est
Cruise, Aircon, Sunroof