Electric Seat Ecu

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mbunting
My Cars:

Electric Seat Ecu

Post by mbunting »

Right then, having got my priorities right ( the PAS can wait ! ), I've managed to get a set of electric leather seats off the bay, from another mk1 406.

I know you need the ECU to make them work, and I'm hoping the chap has the ecu so I can make him an offer ( he's stripping the car ).

But, if he doesn't, long shot here, would the Xantia with electrics use the same ECU, and could it be swapped ?

PS. Anyone know where the ECU actually fits, presubably it's below the driver seat for the memory functions ?
405 STi Auto Est
Cruise, Aircon, Sunroof
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Err Xantia electric seats don't have an ECU, they just take an electric feed, the rest is switches and motors.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Ok, that solves that one then !

Back seats are in ( mmm, nice :D ) Front seats in tomorrow as we're out today.

Anyone know if it's acceptable to unplug the fuse for the pretentioners etc.. rather than take the battery out - not confident the code for the keypad I have from the previous owner is correct...
405 STi Auto Est
Cruise, Aircon, Sunroof
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Hmm, seems like I've let my heart overrule my head on this.

The car doesn't have the wires for the electric seats ( but I vacuumed the floor while the seats were out, and found a few quid :lol: ).

So, I suppose I'm now on the lookout for a wiring loom from a model with electric seats. I'm assuming this can just be the stretch from the connector behind the bonet release backwards down the driver side, and also the same from the passenger side.

Seems there may be a couple of looms in use - presumably for different types of models ( mine is LX but has wiring for electric mirrors ), so presumably GTX upwards would have the wiring for seats ?

:oops:
405 STi Auto Est
Cruise, Aircon, Sunroof
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Having done a similar conversion on Xantia's, the easiest way around the issue is to either run in a new fused feed to the seats from the battery or solder a connection onto the ignition switch. Bearing in mind that the seats won't be adjusted very often (and even then for very long) over-loading the existing wiring is not really going to be an issue.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I'd definately let the ignition switch stay OUT of business :shock:
Its already got a bad reputation for giving up its ghost - because of generally being overloaded. Maybe not in a 406. But its defo a general problem in all cars.

Best feed point is the power relay for the rear elec windows. This is a fused line and the relay coil is already controlled by the ignition switch. If no rr ew's present, well then its more than perfect : just plug in the relay and fuse, plug in a suitable connector in the junction box and then draw a suitable cable from there.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

My mistake :oops: I left out the crucial information of soldering the connection onto the ignition feed wire just prior to the switch, thereby not adding to the load on the switch itself, Doh!
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH