405 rough/non running IT LIVES AGAIN

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

caveman_si
My Cars:

Post by caveman_si »

Sweet Im glad it got through. Id defo have a word about the tracking as if the wheels are that off when the steering wheel is straight something is not right.

The £100 for discs pads and fitting sounds about right. It was what I paided a few yrs ago when I needed mine doing on my then 405 in a hurry. But to be honest if you have the tools then I would do yourself. I just changed my discs on the 406 for the first time and it cost me £80. £45 for the discs and pads and £35 to replace the tools I broke.

Plus gas or wd40, a range of sockets and a G clamp (or caliper winder if you've got one) and a little patiences and you'll get it done in no time. Plus you'll have learned something new and saved a few quid.
406 lx 1.9td estate
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

And some brake cleaner to clean the discs ( they have a coating on them from the factory ).

:lol:
405 STi Auto Est
Cruise, Aircon, Sunroof
OwenP
My Cars:

Post by OwenP »

Given that its a pretty good quote think I will get the garage to do it as I don't think I've got all the right tools and I need to drive to Leeds in the next week or two, so doing it myself might be pushing it if parts take a bit longer than expected or if anything goes wrong. They are also gonna have a quick look at the tracking/steering wheel alignment for me when it goes in.

Also with any luck I may get some of the costs back for the fuel and sorting it out spoke to the duty manager today who said "You may have a case here" we will get back to you, having been given a letter detailing everything.
2001 406 Rapier 2.0 HDi 90 Estate - Sold Scrap after being viciously attacked by a falling tree
2001 Toyota MR2 1.8 VVTi - To be sold for spares/repair - dead gearbox :(
2014 Seat Ibiza Eastate 1.4 FR ACT (bought in an emergency, but a nice enough low mileage car)