206 brakes problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

206 brakes problem

Post by PowerLee »

Alright

2003 TU3JP Pug 206 with front disc / rear drum set up, Teves ABS, EBD & EBA system, Also with ATE brake servo.

Problem is, 99.9% of the time the brakes work fine.

Its that 0.1% of the time you press the pedal & its gone rock hard.
When it does this the front brakes work, the front of the car dives down, the rear rises & it appears the rear brakes do sod all.

Its defiantly something vacuum related to do with the servo or one way valve after a high speed / high revs drive it can happen, also downchanging to a lower gear while the fault is happening clears it & the brake pedal will return to normal.

I know its not the rear brake compensating valve because I haven't got one ( its electronic as part of the EBD )

Thought it could be a sticking rear brake issue & had the rear brakes stripped, cleaned & inspected by a friendly garage, no faults found & it didnt fix problem.

Its had 10 visits to local main dealer who have also stripped down the rear brakes twice, replace the one way air valve in the servo air hose once & had it on the diag several times but they haven't fixed it & now wont touch it or even speak to me.

Tried another main dealer at Peugeot ( lack of ) customer service request, they tried the same strip it down & rebuild it routine & they haven't fixed it either plus now they dont want it back again either.

Peugeot customer service flatly refuse to have the car inspected & say a main dealer has to diagnose the problem ( 2 main dealers haven't managed that in 11 visits for this fault so far )

Ive been told by a couple of Peugeot technicians that the ATE servo I have is w**k & cause problems.

Also been told to try another one way air valve ( on order )

Any other ideas? ? ?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Rock hard pedle on a vacuum servo assisted brakes system = no servo function. Period.
My first thought would be an intermittent one way valve in the servo vacuum line. Could simply be some dirt or debries in the valve.

Should look pretty much like this :
http://www.citroen-pr.net/catalogues/il ... 62B300.gif

Inspect carefully item 3 (the valve) and the hose run to the intake manifold.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Thanks

Ive got a new valve on order ( had to drive to next town to order it though, local main dealer aint getting any money of me ) well we aint on speaking terms

Its already had that valve replaced once ( or so main dealer said & charged Peugeot under warranty for )

I would have though that in 11 visits to 2 different Peugeot main delaers & with Peugeot customer service involved too that one of them would have found the fault & fixed it :roll:

Ill try the new one way valve ive ordered & if not ill try & get the servo replaced under the Peugeot extended warranty.

Been told by Pug technicians ( another dealer ) the ATE servo I have is w**k & can cause problems.