307 fuel filter removal

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bindys

307 fuel filter removal

Post by bindys »

Can someone help me with the removal of the Peugeot 307 hdi (2002) fuel filter. I find it very difficult to remove the top screwed section without damaging the bottom housing. The screwed top has to be removed to gain access to the filter inside.The complete unit is made of plastic and easily breaks with force. I dont want to be in a position where i have to renew the whole housing.
Is there a knack to this that some body has mastered :?:

Bindys
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I did mine for the 1st time last week.Had the same trouble as you.It was a right pig.In the end i took the filter housing off the engine(2 x 10mm bolts either side)held it on the floor with my foot & used a screw driver & hammer to lightly tap the top loose.It worked without doing any damage,but i would`nt want to do it to often.
My boa grip thingy would`nt touch it.But i may see if i can get a cheap pair of large pipe grips etc,that will open wide enough to grip the top.
Unless any one has a way of doing it. :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
bindys

307 fuel filter removal

Post by bindys »

I even spoke to a peugeot mechanic at the local garage as they have the same problem. They always have a complete assembly unit at hand, as often they damage the body housing when trying to remove the top section.
I think i will remove the unit as you have suggested, and invest in a large pipe wrench.
I will keep you posted on this task.

Thanks for the advice.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I`ve thought of seeing how much they are & maybe getting a spare one just in case.
The filter on my Xantia TD was a doddle,unlike the Hdi :(
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k