coolant drain location

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tanto
My Cars:

coolant drain location

Post by tanto »

:? :?:
hello
can anyone tell me where the coolant drain plug is on a 106 i have had a look round the radiator but cannot see it.
i need to drain coolant so that i can renew the antifreeze.

thanks
1996 xantia sx 2.0L 16v

if at first you don`t succeed get a bigger hammer
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It might well not have one, especially if it has had its radiator replaced at any time. After-market ones often miss this vital bit out :cry:

My 205 is the same. I simply pull off the bottom hose. Messy but it gets the job done. :wink: In fact I last changed the coolant was when I put a new waterpump and cambelt on and drained the coolant by removing the waterpump. Surprisingly not as messy job as you'd think.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...

Post by 504 »

As far as I can remember you do indeed pull off the bottom hose. Drain plugs can easily get damaged, especially if they are mounted in plastic. Also any large sludge gets stuck in the hole.

If your doing a complete drain and refill, be sure to use a header tank attachment. I would use ready mixed 'green' coloured coolant too like Coma Coldstream, it has a 3 or 4 year life and works well in the diesels. Don't forget to fully bleed the system or risk head gasket failure/warped head.