406 airbag light

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Simon02
My Cars:

406 airbag light

Post by Simon02 »

I have a Green Peugeot 406 LX Diesel Estate (Jan 1998).

Recently, the Airbag light has started to flash and now it's on nearly all the time.

Could anyone please tell me a) what this means and b) how I fix it?

Many thanks

Simon
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

The light on means there is a fault with the air bag,& in a accident it will not work.
Idealy it would need to have the fault code read at a dealer or independent garage with a cost of 1 hrs labour.
On my Xantia,this happend a lot.It was the conector in the steering wheel.In the end i fixed it my self,using the part from a scrappy. :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
fleask

Post by fleask »

I had the same problem with my 406. There is a wiring connector underneath the front seats, going from the floor to the seat I think. Give this a wiggle, it fixed it for me.
danthevan

Post by danthevan »

Think it's something to do with a pressure sensor in the passenger seat , so if in an accident the car knows whether to fire the passenger airbag if someone is sitting in it.
My mums one has been like it for the past few years now, doesnt affect MOT so no worries there
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

406 never had an ocupancy detection mat in the passengers seat..only late type cars like T6 307 and 407 have this function
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....
fleask

Post by fleask »

Occupancy detection or not it has wires that appear to go from the floor to to the seat on both sides, and wiggling them stopped the light flashing on my 406. Seatbelt pretensioners, perhaps? It could be wiring for electric seats, but surely this would not affect the airbag circuit?
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

2 bin brown connector is pre tensioner 2 pin blue is to side air bag
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....