406 woes already

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

406 woes already

Post by np »

Have just found the rear passenger side footwell soaking wet :( .From the ridge in the floorpan under the front seat to the rear of the footwell.Everywhere else is dry,inc under the rear seats,& the carpet on the side of the footwell to the bottom of the door.It was`nt like this last week,nor when my dad cleaned the inside before i got it.Its to wet & dark here to look under the car,& way to wet & muddy at work.I was thinking along the lines of maybe a drain bung or something underneath has come out,allowing water to spray up.Unless anyone has any ideas.
Also,the rear drivers side elec window is very reluctant to open & close,maybe due to a lack of use.I presume i can oil/grease all the mechanisam(?)if i take off the door card?
Cheers,Neil :) :(
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Sunroof Drains ?
Door Seals ?
Electric Window leaking ( you say you're having issues anyway ).
( oops, ignore that last one, I'm slightly drunk :oops: )

Mat.
405 STi Auto Est
Cruise, Aircon, Sunroof
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

When the electric windows on my 306 were a bit slow I bought a spray can of stuff from the local motor factors that you spray on the rubber and it soffens it up and lubricates at the same time, the windows are still working a treat 4 years on.

Also remeber if you have the door card off and have peeled the plastic sheet away from the door to access the window mechanism to ensure that the plastic is stuck back properly as I didn't do this and this caused the drivers side foot well to turn into an in door pool!
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Will have a good poke around at the weekend.
Mat,the water is in the left rear footwell,& its the right rear window that is slow,so dont think its that. :)
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I washed the car today,& after found a small amount of water inside the rear door seal area.It looks like it might be coming in where the small seal is on the door,on the A pillar.Further investigation is needed :? :o