504 Diesel restoration

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

504 Diesel restoration

Post by 504 »

Hi,

Thought I'd share some updates on my Peugeot 504 GLD restoration. I'd previously was "504GLD" and "bikeboyz" from the days of GSF running this forum, but a break from forums and changes of ISP means I couldn't remember passwords and I'd new email addresses so couldn't log in, so hence now just "504".

The 504 actually is MOT'd still I've just decided to make a start on her whilst still solid and not requiring any major welding.

and before I did that she looked like this !

I have all new front panels from Beavers, although not genuine they seem a good fit and are Maxicar from Italty. Peugeot only had wings for one side left, at a cost more than the complete front end I bought pattern.

If anybody has any new or very good used doors, a XD3, XD3T, XD2, XD2S engine going spare please drop me a line.

thanks

PS did I mention the 104 is for sale? just 1 of 72 left in UK.
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

i can remember working on them when i was an apprentice!! there is a place called grimes i think and they used to buy old parts stock from peugeot dealers may be worth a look up if you get stuck..
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....

Post by 504 »

Yes heard of Grimes, another to share is Dean Hunter http://www.peugeotparts.co.uk Dean keeps stuff going back to 403 and as new as 206, and is quicker that ordering at your dealer, normally genuine parts too!
matt
My Cars:

Post by matt »

Good luck with the re-furb,i gave up on my pick-up project due to the bulkhead rotting!

I had thought of changing the engine to a 2.5 td from a van though :shock:

matt.
92 205 1.9 GTI(MODIFIED,SORRY )
1996 VOLVO 850 2.5 5CYL 10V
1999 EXPERT VAN TD - WHITE !
No more car's thanks!

Post by 504 »

She's a solid old beast, no rot apart from the bottom of the door frames and leading edge of one seal and a hole about 1 pence size in the headlamp cup.

It's actually a GL Auto and started as 1800cc with the ZF 3 speed 'slugomatic'. Seems like 20 years ago somebody got bored and did the Indenor diesel swop from aparently a 504 diesel estate.

I am looking for another engine, this one leaks a lot of oil and needs the seals replaced, but it also has the turbo head which is incorrect. Runs well, but I'm thinking 505 2.5TD version. I've seen that engine in a 504 Cabriolet. The LDV version is like the Ford Sierra version and needs a few mods to fit the Peugeot.