What is it?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

What is it?

Post by 504 »

Posting this on the Citroen section as the part I'm asking about is stamped Citroen/Peugeot/Talbot, and you Cit folk seem very helpfull!

The part is on my 205 Auto (1580cc 1993 RHD), and sits under the passenger wing in front of the wheel. Its a cylinder canister with two pipes going in to it, with what looks like a smaller plastic filter inline of one of the pipes. It has the logos and numbers 96 010 332 80. I know thats not a Peugeot part number is it Citroen?

I can't seem to see what it does, but one pipe comes from the Solex carb, and the other disapears off into the mound of pipes and wires.

I found one of the pipes had split off from the factory click, so cut and replaced it with a standard clip.

Its obviously been like it some time and the car ran just fine.

Any ideas? I can only think its something to send the excess petrol back to the tank, but it has no electric wires so cant be a pump. thanks.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi -

I believe its the charcoal canister - which is part of the antipollution system fitted to later cars.
I have no idea if these systems are shared on certain cross-PSA models being an original Citroen part number.
However its wellknown that BX16/19 and 205-16/19 shares the same engine parts.
Good to know before you enter the breakyards.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image