406 hdi

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paulq
My Cars:

406 hdi

Post by paulq »

Hi
Still got my 406 HDI 110hp 2001.Yesterday something on the engine started to rattle like a loud ticking noise.Took it to peugeot dealer who had a look at it outside and said probably the bottom crank pulley was the cause.They can't work on the car until next week because they are busy,however its going to cost £193 inc labour.I am not convinced it is the bottom crank pulley.I jacked the car up and started the engine and watched the belt going around and every now and again the belt stops turning on the bottom pump.Could this pump be the cause or not
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

i would say it was the bottom pulley that is the most common problem i would get it done soon as if really noisey as the next stage is total break up and then could get in and damage/break cambelt..
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....
paulq
My Cars:

Post by paulq »

thanks pugexpert
whats the best way of locking the engine so i can get the crank pulley off,i am now doing the job myself as it got noisier
thanks
paulq
My Cars:

Post by paulq »

it was the crankshaft pulley that was the culprit,i bought one off ebay a lot cheaper than the main dealer.It arrived this morning fitted it today noise gone
thanks