electric windows, whirring but not moving!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Adstar
My Cars:

electric windows, whirring but not moving!

Post by Adstar »

I remember a bang that might have been related to me closing the drivers window on friday night. But on saturday morning the motor whirrs, \but the window doesn't budge.

I suspect the cable, or the winding gear.

1) Does anyone know anythign about the 605 mechanism?
2) How do I extract the motor? I can unbolt it but I cant work out how to remove the window cables.

Thanks

Adam
605 Only an SL but it is a DT with a shake rattle and role!
Mk 1 MR2 waiting to have the final useful bits removed... RIP.
Adstar
My Cars:

Update

Post by Adstar »

I have an update just incase anyone ever has a similar problem.

The mechanism is a seal unit, the cables have to be removed as well part of the motor assembly.

This is FAR from easy to do. I had to unbolt the central guide rail(You will know what I mean when you look inside the door!) which allowed me to unhook the cables from the roller guides top and bottom.

With the cables now loose they can be unhooked from the white plastic runner that connects the window to the central guide.

Now, you can pull the motor and cables out of the door, a job that is not easy, even with the guide rail unbolted and mobile!

I then proceeded to dissassemble the cable housing, and discovered that my fault appears to be somethgin of a safety feature! the cable housing slips over a plastic nylon 'cog'. This should be attched to the motor mechanism via the plastic/nylon 'base plate' or mounting. However, the cog appears to have a tight but breakable fit.

I have assumed this is to prevent the window from being forced to close onto a solid object.. like someones neck!

I have decided to try and source a replacement motor and cables, as I unraveled the cables, and can't be sure I have put them back to the right length! As yet I haven't attacked the repair/replacement!
605 Only an SL but it is a DT with a shake rattle and role!
Mk 1 MR2 waiting to have the final useful bits removed... RIP.