Cooling Fans

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stevieb

Cooling Fans

Post by stevieb »

This time not a problem.

"What???" I hear you all cry.

My RH cooling fan had been a bit intermittent lately. I suspected a dodgy connection/relay. Everything checked out fine. The fan would only start with a careful poke at the blades from a screwdriver through the grill (don't do this at home kids). Then after a week or so it stopped working completely. Strange thing is the air-con didn't stop in sympathy. I just ended up with the LH fan working flat out when the temps got up a bit too much.

Anyway, with all the snenanigans of swapping the turbo, I obviously chose to reset the ECU. This I have done a couple of times again since, as other items have been changed/cleaned.

Since all this upheaval, the fans are now working fine. Nothing else has been touched since the RH one stopped working, other than inlet pipework, and disconnecting the battery.

So I guess the Bitron unit has also been reset, and now wants to play ball. The air-con is colder than ever, and the fans work perfectly well, and do a sterling job (75-80°C all day today even in heavy traffic).

Just a thought that might save a lot of head-scratching or expense for somebody else.