replacement plip

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

caveman_si
My Cars:

replacement plip

Post by caveman_si »

HI guys
I think i need to change my plip as its working less and less well. i say less well it has started to be come intermittant. Sometimes it locks or unlocks the car some times it doesnt. And there is no ryhme or reason to it. The only thing that has made any difference is the way i press the button. kind of hard and rock it
Yes i have opened it to check everything looks ok and given it a set of fresh betteries but still itermitiant. It has no rubber button on the case and hasnt had an easy life with me.

The car is a 1995 405td glx and the current plip is a single button ir one that activates the alarm/imoboliser and locks the doors but i cant find a replacement one like it any where at the moment. Could i get a 2 buttom ir plip and code that one to my car or do i have to carry on hunting for a one button plip???

cheers si
406 lx 1.9td estate
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

you can only use single button plip and i am affraid you cannot get one from another car and program,you will need to order new plip by code no,inside plip and receiver in roof is a yellow label with code no on.you can order new plip to no or get new plip and receiver assembly.would drop receiver down in roof and check circuit board for water poss from aerial base!!
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

With use the button can ware.
If your any good with a soldering iron pop down to maplins and get a new button, desolder the old one a solder the new one in.
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+