306 XND misfire and blue smoke

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pheonix

Post by Pheonix »

Is it blue smoke, or is it actually steam? Just a thought, cos Steam would mean a blown head gasket :(
Regards
Joe
tiger63
My Cars:

Post by tiger63 »

no its bluish grey smoke , engine istnt overheating, when idling very little smoke but when u give it even minimal throttle it misfires and u get more smoke
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Not having suction on cyls 2 and 3 is serious. I'd be surprised if it's just a head gasket. I'm thinking broken valves or similar. Be very interesting to see what you find when the head comes off.
This is not a signature.
tiger63
My Cars:

Post by tiger63 »

removed head today, gasket was splitting on inner bore rings on 3 of the 4, also oil was leaking from oil port to cylinder 3, checked head with straight edge after cleaning, no sign of distortion on head face so will be getting new gasket on monday and fitting, will also check valve clearances while ive got it off :)
tiger63
My Cars:

Post by tiger63 »

fitted new gasket and set timing, problem was still there but to a lesser degree, went and got a gallon of diesel and put feed and return pipes direct into fuel can. engine now revs freely and no smoke, turned out to be fuel filter on end of pickup pipe in tank. thank you for all your suggestions which were greatly appreciated :D