406 Air recirc relay? clicking

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rayc
My Cars:

406 Air recirc relay? clicking

Post by rayc »

Hi,
I know, it's me again! :roll:

Still trying to get an idle valve solenoid so no update yet.

another glitch has appeared.

When the air circulation is switched to outside air there is a very audible ticking coming from under the dash.
When on recirc (light on) it's fine.
Took pollen filter out and the flap is moving without a problem. However, when fully open the ticking doesn't stop almost as though the motor doesn't know it's reached the end of it's travel!

Can someone please enlighten me if they know the possible cause/ remedy

Thanks everyone

Cheers

Ray
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

its a fault with the recirculation motor,you will require a new one,have changed loads.only seems to effect cars with a/c and no digital climate panel
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....
rayc
My Cars:

Post by rayc »

Is it ok to leave it clicking until such times I can get another one?

Could you advise where it's located please?

On an aside.

Went to Peugeot Dealer and picked up the wifes 04 reg 406 100 HDI SE Estate (She swapped her Merc estate for it) and I had a test drive in the 407 Coupe 2.7 GT. What a cracking car! They've got a winner there for sure. I was told by Peugeot in Calais (I work in France) that a 2.2 HDI 160BHP will be launched in the next couple of months on the coupe!
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

yeah its ok to leave it or you can un plug it .its a bit of a crap job to do you may be able to get hand up behind glove box and disconnect brown connector it sits up on heater box,connector that is.To change motor remove glove box and the grey panel behind glove box.some of the torx screws are difficult.

407 cpe.did not know about the 2.2 they said from launch about the 3 engines but different countrys take different options so may see it in the uk.you can now order a 407 saloon or sw with the v6 diesel...
rayc
My Cars:

Post by rayc »

Thanks for the advice on the removal.

I reckon a 407 Coupe will be on the books later this year. I've had BMW's but have become quite disillusioned with them now. I only had a quick go in the 407 but it seems more of a drivers car. 2.2 is supposed to hit UK later this year. Calais will order RHD 2.2's when they are released in France. Will also have a manual box
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Done a few of these.

The 406 is far easier to do then the 405.

I did have a good second hand flap servo motor, brown plug 3 wires, Tried to give it away on here a few times & nobody wanted it.

I smashed it up & threw it away about a month ago, Same with the rest of the Peugeot 405 / 406 spares I had :P
rayc
My Cars:

Post by rayc »

That's how my luck runs! :oops: :wink:
rayc
My Cars:

Post by rayc »

Hi Guys

Had a dabble at tring to get at the motor. Hans too big to get under dash.
Can someone please enlighten me as to where the tork screws are located please :roll:
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

remove glove box lid then you need to remove the grey peice behind glovebox,pop side cover off on left side of dash 2 in there,some along the bottom and some that face you from the wrong way turn the end of the screw with some pilers and pull that trim to one side then you can see the motor
rayc
My Cars:

Post by rayc »

Still working on this one! :shock:

Hands too big to get under the dash for the screws! :oops: