306 1998 Central Locking

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Duncs

306 1998 Central Locking

Post by Duncs »

Does anyone know where the central locking module is located on a 1998 306. On earlier models it is behind the driver side rear passenger seat, but according to Mr Haynes it is buried near the RHS pillar, under the carpet, between the driver's side doors.

I've got the 'bouncy' fault. Every time I try to lock the car the central locking closes and then bounces open again. If I sit in the car and depress the drivers door lock button it does nothing - indicating a wiring fault on the drivers door loom. The harness between the car and door looks like a nightmare to repair so I want to bodge it by wiring the 'lock down' sensor in parallel with the passenger side door. The only disadvantage that I can see would be that if I need to lock the car whilst in it, I would have to reach across to the passenger door to do it.

For anyone that's interested and got the Haynes manual, see P12-53. I intend to break the wire from pin 7 and short pins 7 & 8 together.
Duncs

Post by Duncs »

Found the control unit - it is behind the driver's side passenger seat and is NOTHING LIKE as shown in the Haynes manual. I found an earlier post http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... php?t=6913 in which Solara describes how to short out the sense loop. I compared the wires mentioned - the green/yellow wire M623 exists in the same place. The blue wire 6293 is not there but there is a red wire with the same number next door but one to the green/yellow wire, not next to it as described. There is no wire next to the green/yellow in my case.

Tried shorting the two wires anyway (after doing a few checks with the multimeter first) and it tries to activate the central locking (as if pressing the key fob).

The control unit is a Kiekert 4050-5440-004.

Might try to locate and repair the faulty wire instead!
Duncs

Post by Duncs »

Sussed it! Although the Haynes manual is not accurate, the two wires in question, 6291 White (driver's door button down) and 6293 Red (passenger's door button down) are as shown. I cut the white wire and shorted pins 7 & 8 and it works as predicted. The only downside is, that to lock the doors whilst in the car, the passenger's door button has to be pressed. The central locking will still unlock from either door and can still be locked from outside the car from either door or the keyfob.
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

if your locking wire has broke in a post i would expect others to go soon like power for electric windows ,speaker or motor supply for locking.doing the repair is not too bad remove the door and tug on harness and pull out of a post as much as you can then start chopping one at a time ,if you cut them all off then your in the sh*t as one of our guys found out.
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....