Yob Damage

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Yob Damage

Post by demag »

Imagine my shock the other night when I heard a lot of banging outside. I couldn't see anything through the window and was getting ready to go to work (nights).

Just as I was about to leave the fellow from over the road knocked the door and informed me a gang of ten or twelve yobbos had been throwing housebricks at my car!

When I looked the housebricks turned out to be lumps of paving slab.
The front passenger door is badly dented as is the rear N/S wing.

It looks like they were trying to break the windows as they are all marked but luckily not broken. I just cannot understand the mentality of someone who suddenly decides to launch an unprovoked attack like that just for the fun of it.

If I try and claim on the insurance I know they'll write it off as a repair will probably be £1500-£2000. I'll do it myself and hope they don't strike again. The annoying thing is there's a new neighbour over the road selling cars from his house and they're all over the place and none are taxed. Why didn't they hit one of his?!

A few minutes later as I was driving off to work a police car stopped just down the road. I pulled up behind him, explained what had happened and showed him the damage.

"If you find out who it is, let us know and we'll pull them in. Only you know how it is, our hands are tied."

Oh yes mister plod I'm sure I'll do your job for you! On the same night in the local paper a posse of nine police were shown boarding buses looking for ticket dodgers!!

If I find out who it is they'll be saying hello to my front bumper, never mind the passenger door!

The council will probably send the poor little dears on holiday to Spain, they've obviously had a deprived childhood!! :evil:
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
Linchpin

Post by Linchpin »

Man that sucks.... damm yobbos
matt
My Cars:

Post by matt »

Sorry to hear about the damage,i blame the soft touch government.Ever thought about getting one of these? =ImageGRRRRR :shock:
92 205 1.9 GTI(MODIFIED,SORRY )
1996 VOLVO 850 2.5 5CYL 10V
1999 EXPERT VAN TD - WHITE !
No more car's thanks!
Clogzz
My Cars:

Re: Yob Damage

Post by Clogzz »

demag wrote:If you find out who it is, let us know and we'll pull them in.
There you are, the correct procedure would have been to ask them their name and address.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
My Cars:

Post by 8304 »

how satisfying it would be to do to them what they have done to your car... :twisted:
Zxtd Aura converted from 1.8i Petrol - Lowered, 20psi boost extra fuel - weeeeeee!

MK2 Cortina 1600e

Honda Acty Romahome - 545cc!! - (the "beast")
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Nice to see Uncle Tony's "respect adgenda" in pratice. This is just another example of mindless yobs. Take them to the nearest beauty spot give em a spade and tell them to dig, when finnish... in they go and then the next. A drain and waste on society and its' resorces.

Rant over. :evil: :evil:
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Damage

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Sorry to hear about what these brain damaged (-expletive removed-) have done to your car demag.

matt's canine protection alarm system looks like a good idea.

What with this recent yooof thing entitled "happy slapping," which has probably also probably been carried out by these morons seeing, as they are willing to damage a car. Then maybe it would be good thing if a dog went after them, and gave them a "happy bite." :)
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Re: Damage

Post by PowerLee »

ACTIVE8 wrote:Sorry to hear about what these brain damaged (-expletive removed-) have done to your car demag.

What with this recent yooof thing entitled "happy slapping," which has probably also probably been carried out by these morons seeing, as they are willing to damage a car. Then maybe it would be good thing if a dog went after them, and gave them a "happy bite." :)
You just know who will get in trouble with the pigs if that was to happen, It wont be the little scumbags will it :roll:
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Re: Damage

Post by ACTIVE8 »

PowerLee wrote:
ACTIVE8 wrote:Sorry to hear about what these brain damaged (-expletive removed-) have done to your car demag.

You just know who will get in trouble with the pigs if that was to happen, It wont be the little scumbags will it :roll:

Well the actual fear of the dog going after them, with the owner controling it, and with a long lead on it, should be enough to persuade the "little scumbags" to p**s off, the remark I made about the "happy bite" was meant to be taken in a tongue in cheek sarcastic tone/way. :wink:
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

It's Bark Is Worse Than It's Bite !!

Post by ACTIVE8 »

So, I suppose it should really be called a "happy bark."

"GRRRR WOOF RUFF WOOF GRRRR" said the dog in agreement, adding "I rather scare the crap out of them than face a court case." :wink: :wink: