were can i buy

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cav

were can i buy

Post by cav »

hello all im new to this site and need some info just before xmas one of my dads pullys have snapped off on a 405 gtx td.
Its the bottom pully on the Alternator belt so after a week of looking ive found a new pully but i can not find a woodruff key that helps hold it on ive looked all over the net but no luck and tryed some shops and scrapperyards do any of you people know were i can find one as my dad realy need the car back on the road asap
Thanks for any help you give
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

As an ex apprentice engineer (many years ago now) I've made my own out of several things including old nails. I'm surprised that no enginering tool shop them by you don't sell . You could always buy some of that cheap mild metal strip from B+Q and make one up for time being.
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!
Paul Mi16

Post by Paul Mi16 »

Part no 6976 06 (crankshaft key) from your dealer should sort your problem
cav

Post by cav »

Stuart McB wrote:As an ex apprentice engineer (many years ago now) I've made my own out of several things including old nails. I'm surprised that no enginering tool shop them by you don't sell . You could always buy some of that cheap mild metal strip from B+Q and make one up for time being.
i would have a go at making one but after looking at the shape it seems hard as its not the half of moon one has anyone got a pic of one?????
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Does it look like a hammer with one side of the head missing? Just take your time and have a go. Make it a little bigger to start with then file it to size.
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!
cav

Post by cav »

yeah i think it does look like one pal
cav

Post by cav »

well i got it sorted thanks for the help its a good site you have here too