306 water leak into boot.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fastandfurryous
My Cars:

306 water leak into boot.

Post by fastandfurryous »

After trying to locate the source of a water leak into the boot of a 1995 306 hatch, I think it's coming from where the rear screen is bonded to the steel of the tailgate.

Is this a common problem? Certainly this leak is getting worse and worse, and short of de-bonding the screen, and re-bonding it, I'm not sure what can be done.

Any advice appreciated.
This is not a signature.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Try running a blunt knife blade along the seal, thus making a small gap between the seal and the glass, and spray in silicone spray as you move the blade along. Done slowly and carefully that should cure the problem. :)
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

David,

I had this problem on my 306.

If you take the black plastic cover running along the bottom of the window that covers the wiper motor off, mine was wet.

The relay was badly corroded, so i had to remove the entire wiper assembly. After doing this i cleaned the glass on the boot lid, and put a bead of silicon around where the wiper motor goes through the glass, and re-assembled the wiper assembly.

This seems to have cured the leak on my 2000 HDi, not sure if it will be the same for yours.

Regards
David.