Airbags and warning lights

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

batwad
My Cars:

Airbags and warning lights

Post by batwad »

I got the instrument panel out today to find out why my airbag lights weren't coming on with the ignition like they're supposed to. The answer? The previous owner had removed the lights because my 306 has Dreaded French Car Airbag Light Syndrome :cry:

I disconnected the battery and waited (watching the snooker) like a good boy :D and sprayed all of the plugs under both seats with contact cleaner. After connecting the battery back up I started the car up and the airbag light behaved itself a treat :D :D

Unfortunately the side airbag warning light still stays on after flashing once :( I've heard that the number of flashes can be an indicator to what's wrong. Anyone know what one flash means and/or how to fix it?
pumbaah
My Cars:

Post by pumbaah »

Could be the connectors acting up, loose or something...check them likelyhood located under the seat.
Warmest regards,
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

I had the seats out yesterday and replaced the crappy connectors with a more robust strip of connector block. Still the side airbag warning light comes on and blinks once so I took the light out :oops: Looks like the fault must be elsewhere :cry:
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi

Have you checked the plug thats inside the seat on the back of the airbag?

If the plug gets lose or disconnected it trips the light on, Theres a metal strip on top of the plug, If the plug isn't connected properly this strip will earth out the SRS system & stick the light on.
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

I haven't, no. How do I get to it?