Alloy Wheels PCDs (605 / xm)

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Adstar
My Cars:

Alloy Wheels PCDs (605 / xm)

Post by Adstar »

I am hoping to buy a 96 605 SRDT, and whilst looking through Ebay I have come across some reasonable (but cheap) alloy wheels. Only thing is they have a PCD of 110. I know that the PCDon the 605 is 108.
You can guess the question already can't you!
1) Will the 110 wheels fit on?
2) Assuming they don't, can anyone advice me on the type of wheel nuts I need to make them fit!?
I think thats all. Not too painful for my 1st posting. I just hope the car is sound and I'm not posting on here too frequently!
Thanks
Adam
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

1) no, they won't.
2) no type of wheel bolt will make them fit. If the PCD doesn't match, then you cannot use them. If you do try to fit these wheels, you run the very real risk of loosing a wheel at speed, with possibly fatal consequenses.
As the PCD is different, there's a fairly good chance that the offset is different too, which would make the car's handling "interesting" at best, and utterly dangerous at worst.
I'd say you're better off looking for wheels from a 605.
Adstar
My Cars:

Post by Adstar »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fastandfurryous</i>

1) no, they won't.
2) no type of wheel bolt will make them fit. If the PCD doesn't match, then you cannot use them. If you do try to fit these wheels, you run the very real risk of loosing a wheel at speed, with possibly fatal consequenses.
As the PCD is different, there's a fairly good chance that the offset is different too, which would make the car's handling "interesting" at best, and utterly dangerous at worst.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Adstar
My Cars:

Post by Adstar »

I've done something wrong here! Anyway.. reply of thanks take 2!
I didn't think they would be able to fit. I was aware of the off set and could get a spacer, but the studs worried me!
I wasn't being stupid, these wheels were going cheap, like an over excited budgie.
I'l save my cash!
Thanks again
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adstar</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fastandfurryous</i>

1) no, they won't.