106 1.1 idle

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zerobug3000
My Cars:

106 1.1 idle

Post by zerobug3000 »

Hi, i have a 1995 peugeot 106 1.1 ski, the idle starts from cold and goes straight up to 2500rpm, after 5 mins of driving will then drop to normal 850rpm. Car was working fine till a few months back. Replaced leads, plugs, throttle pot, idle stepper motor, changed complete throttle bodie with a second hand unit. but still same problem exists. any help would be great thanks.
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Does it start from hot without any problem ?
zerobug3000
My Cars:

Post by zerobug3000 »

No, when hot it is completely fine. rpm will drop to 850 as soon as engine is idle
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Hmm, I was thinking along the lines of the coolant temperature sensor. How about unplugging it when cold, and starting it then ( the ecu will use default values ). On the 998cc it's on the LHS of the engine block, below the thermostat.
zerobug3000
My Cars:

Post by zerobug3000 »

just tried that, but no luck. unplugged it and rpm was 2700. dont know quite what it could be, but its bloody loud when started up in garage lol.
I have seen this posted alot on forums, but there seems to be no reply or no solution at end of subject. The only solution i found was crankshaft tdc sensor or some thing but that only applies to mk2 106's if i am right?
zerobug3000
My Cars:

Post by zerobug3000 »

someone mentioned possibilty of map sensor, could that be true?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

i dont think this injection system has a MAP sensor.
if you disconect the CTS then it defaults as if the car is very cold so it will run faster,i would try replacing it anyway they aint that expensive.
zerobug3000
My Cars:

Post by zerobug3000 »

thats a point, any idea where i could get one? i tried a local parts company but they only have a few available, and my engine code wasnt one of them
ordered one today from peugeot dealer, £10.98 have to wait two days for it to arrive but hopefully will be worth the wait, will let u know if it works or not...
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Last months car mechanics mag was covering this model in their section on electrics. Any one got a copy they can post on for zerobug?
zerobug3000
My Cars:

Post by zerobug3000 »

wikkid, there web site says its still on sale till the 16th, and i went to all shops 2nite but no one had it. I know of one newsagent that sells it but there not open till the morning, or it is still available to buy online, thanks for that info mate.
zerobug3000
My Cars:

Post by zerobug3000 »

Right, well got the temp sensor from peugeot today, fitted it, started engine and no slight difference. Engine still idles erractically at 2600 rpm. Spoke to man in peugeot dealership today when collecting sensor. He said that it could be one of 3 things, The Idle stepper motor, the coolant temp sensor or the map sensor. I have replaced the idle stepper with a second hand unit, bought new temp sensor and checked all the vacuum pipe on map sensor. But still problem exsists. A new map sensor is over £100 from peugeot. If it is any help, other symptoms include the engine running on whilst accelerator is released and clutch pressed to change gear, its not like the problem i had with the throttle pot, but it is as if something sticks for a few seconds. But all this is mounting together as one big pain. Not sure what to try next....
also if its any help, its single point injection, Magnetti Marrelli G6.11