how to deactivated airbag in 406 d9

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

monsak
My Cars:

how to deactivated airbag in 406 d9

Post by monsak »

Hi all
I live in Thailand so my english is not well.If my post look strange, please forgive me.I need some advice to solve my problem. My car is 406 d9 (in Thai ,they call ea9) she has 2 front airbag. Yesterday , airbag fault show on multifunction screen together with airbag light. I serch in this forum about airbag light and most say that the common problem is under the seat , orange plug under the seat. I come back to my car, look under the seat.Unfortunately , there is no orange plug. there are 4 plugs, 1 white plug , 1 yelllow plug and two brown plugs . So I decide to clean all plugs but I must deactivated airbag system before doing that. I read haynes and found that to deactivated airbag system , disconnect negative pole of battery and wait atleast 2 min , that simple but I must remove central console and disconnect wiring from airbag ECU, that is problem for me. So I would like to ask that can I only disconnect negative pole of battery to deactivated airbag system. Is it safe to do that?
thanks