405 overheat

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ayden
My Cars:

405 overheat

Post by ayden »

I have searched the forums about a 405 overheating but not sure where to go! To put it simply my car started to overheat today it has been sat idle for about a week while i fitted a new steering rack and im just starting to wonder if thats why its started to overheat i took off the front grill to let some more air in a noticed aswell that the fan isnt going usually it spins about 10 mins after a short journey or long journey but today it didnt go at all checked all the fuses but i dont know which relay is for the fan or where it is ? any help would be truly appreciated
thanks
Ayden
Rokay

Post by Rokay »

Not got a 405 myself, however if its anything like my 306 the fan relays (3off) are behind the frt grill. Remove this and you'll see a triangular shaped cover plate the relays are under here One black and two green.I think it's unlikely the fault lies here to be honest.
Well worth checking the earthing to the rad. The quick connect/disconnect electrical plug at the bottom l/h side of the rad is worth removing and cleaning all the electrical pins in the plug and on the rad loom as well. Very likely you'll see corroded pins. Polish this lot up with a bit of emery paper and i bet your fans run again. Thing is this plug is right down the bottom living in a very hostile enviroment where all the road dirt collects. Bet its your plug a at fault.