Various....please read.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Quinny
My Cars:

Various....please read.

Post by Quinny »

Hi Guys.First post,so please be gentle.I have a few questions for you experienced posters,so I apologise if they are a bit long winded.
I have just bought at auction,a 99 406 HDI,and it came with very little information,not even a manual,or a plip,So.....
How do I change the Bosch fuel filter[?]
If you buy a plip off,say E.Bay,how do you re-program it,without the expense of the dealer,and do you just put your own key in the plastic plip case[?]
How will I know if mine is a 1 or 2 button plip[?]
As there is a slight knocking from the rear,which link bars will it be,the long or short type[?]
It seems the cabin temp won't go below 14deg,according to the panel,why[?]
what size/fitting is the sump plug[?]
Sorry to be so long,but I hope that one day,your answers through me,might help someone in the same predicament with their first Pug.
Ken.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
The climate control panel lowest setting is 14 degs, So thats normal.
The keys have a transponder immobiliser chip inside them, You need the dealer or an autolocksmith to programe new keys.
Without the transponder the car wont start!
You can do the remote part yourself, Its easy, The transponder part you cant!
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

The fuel filter's nice and easy[:)] Disconnect the two pipes that go into the top of the filter housing (they might have natty quick-release fittings) then get a big socket or spanner and stick it on the large hex head on the top of the housing. The entire top of the housing turns about half a turn then lifts off. There's an O-ring to replace and a big wavy washer (which you mustn't lose) to hold things in place.
Edit: meant to add that I think that all plips after a certain point were two-buttons. I think yours will probably be a two-button.
Oh, and the sump plug will probably accept an 8mm hex key or a pair of Mole grips [:D]
Quinny
My Cars:

Post by Quinny »

Superb.Just the sort of information I was after.
I thought the filter housing was removed that way,but wasn't 100% certain,and didn't want to go breaking anything.
As for the plip,well I suppose I could give the local Dick Turpin dealer a ring,and make enquiries as to which one mine would be,and after all,it would be rude not to do it in company time,and using the company phone,wouldn't it?