Exploded Diagrams of the Bosch Diesel pump

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hellboy
My Cars:

Exploded Diagrams of the Bosch Diesel pump

Post by Hellboy »

Hi Newbie here , my 405 Diesel pump has been played with in the past and its running like a tractor and has no power.
Ive been having a fiddle and have managed to get alot more torque by adjusting a few thing hear in there ;) but i would love to find some good pictures with explanations on what does what or what what is.
I have had a search and not come up with much.
I got the 405 Tubby to play around with Chip fat tuning (as its a shead load cheaper than runnig my MR2 Turbo for work ;) )
Any help or advise would be appricated, oh and the part i adjusted on my pump is right at the front and basicaly if you press the leaver down it cuts the engine, so I have adjusted the position of this leaver so that its more "open" if that makes sence !![:D]
rotodiesel

Post by rotodiesel »

As an introduction to the workings of the Bosch distributor type rotary pump (type VE) I would recommend the yellow Bosch technical instruction booklet. The one you need is VDT-U 2/2 En. There are more than 16 of these booklets, covering various topics and all are good.
As an ex diesel engineer I have to say "having a fiddle" will probably end in grief. Go carefully, making sure you fully understand what you are doing. Most fuel pump adjustments need a test rig to get them right.
rotodiesel.
Hellboy
My Cars:

Post by Hellboy »

thanks for the reply, any chance of pointing me in the right direction as to where to get said booklets?
rotodiesel

Post by rotodiesel »

The filing system has triumphed.
Bosch technical info is availavle from Delta Press Ltd., Technical Publishing Co., 5 Riverpark Estate, Berkhampstead, Herts. HP4 1HL UK. 01442 877794. No URL I'm afraid.
rotodiesel.
rotodiesel

Post by rotodiesel »

I should have added, if anyone is looking for the very best and most useful single small volume on Automotive Engineering, buy the Bosch Automotive Handbook from the above supplier. No connections with the Company of course, but this is easily the best automotive technical book I have, and it wasn't expensive.
rotodiesel.