307 SW 7 seat

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john2443
My Cars:

307 SW 7 seat

Post by john2443 »

Does anyone have a 7 seat 307 SW?
My question is how useful are the back seats? I guess 2 adults wouldn't fit in, and also children wouldn't be comfortable for long journeys.
Would for example 2 10 yr olds be comfortable for short journeys?
I will have to go down to the Pug shop and get the kids to sit in the back and see what it's like, but some experience from owners would be helpful.
Thanks
hill

Post by hill »

Not a 307 but hopefully relevant. I've got a 406 7str (where the seats fold into the boot floor) and chuck my two teenagers in the back on a semi-regular basis. I've never had any complaints, I think the novelty of facing backwards and waving at the following cars more than offsets any possible discomfort. I looked at loads of MPVs before getting the Pug and reckon they are let down by the lack of boot space when all 7 seats are fitted. If you want to carry anything you have to remove the seats and then you no longer have a 7 seater. With the folding seats of the 406 you get the best of both worlds. Just tell the kids not to scratch the Heated Rear Window!
john2443
My Cars:

Post by john2443 »

That doesn't answer my question, but is certainly useful info. I definitely don't want a proper 7 seater people carrier, as they are just too big to drive for the 90% of time when we only have 4 of us - I just want to have an occasional 7 seat option for when both kids want to take a friend, birthday trip etc.
I hadn't realised that there was a 406 7 seat, so you've given me another car to add to my list of possibles, thanks.
hill

Post by hill »

I haven't had a look a a 307 7str but from what I've read the rear seats clip in place when needed and are removed as a unit for 'normal' use. The whole process seems to be a bit fiddly to say the least. Are they forward or rear facing?
The 406 7 str is called a 'Family' and having the extra seats folded into the boot floor and always available is a real bonus. I probably use them for the same type of thing you're thinking of and it's ideal. I didn't know they existed either and just happened on it by chance.
Your best bet is to take the whole family to your Pug dealer and take a 307 for a DECENT LENGTH test drive with the kids in the back and then to put the seats in and out yourself. (Or just laugh at the salesman trying to do it) Then find a 406 Family and do the same.
john2443
My Cars:

Post by john2443 »

As you say, they clip in and out, with will be a pain as you need to have space in the house or garage to keep them, and they will always be out when you want them in.
They are forward facing.
Yes, I'll have to try a test drive, I thought asking here might save me spending part of my weekend trying it if anyone said they've tried and it is / isn't OK.
So far then, it's 2 votes for the 406 Family, and none for the 307!
Thanks