405 td tensioner

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

matt
My Cars:

405 td tensioner

Post by matt »

Hi,advice needed on automatic tensioner on 94 stdt with aircon,its been rattling for a while but now its getting worse.I think gsf sell these at about £40 but i just wondered as i dont use the aircon because the rads bust,can i remove aircon pump and just use the standard lower tensioner?The only thing i can see that would stop me doing this is the pipes for the pas are not long enough if it were to be moved lower down.ps,the car is just a workhorse now and i dont intend to use the aicon again. Thanks,matt.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

The belt arrangement on these engines is a bit of a nightmare. You can't just remove the aircon compressor, as nothing will fit again. you *could* remove the aircon compressor, and fit a PAS pump and belt/tensioner setup from a non-A/C car, but that would be a fair bit of work. I would have thought it would be easier to fix what you have, and maybe get the A/C working at some point in the future. My 405 Hunter's A/C didn't work when I got it, but I changed the condenser and had it recharged, and it works a treat. Well worth it I would have said.
matt
My Cars:

Post by matt »

Thanks for info,ill get a new tensioner and fit it when i have the timing belt replaced,matt.