Dead Battery

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

OwenP
My Cars:

Dead Battery

Post by OwenP »

Hi All,
I need to know quickly what battery I need for my 405 1.9td, just found that mine is completely dead, and had to walk back to work, did a quick check and couldn't see any indentifying marks on the current battery.
Help!
Cheers
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

The biggest one that fits the tray.
Seriously.
As long as it's terminals the same (post type, not ford type) and are round the right way, then you can't go wrong. I think the standard fitment is type 069 but I can't be sure. Whatever you do, don't go to Halfrauds or similar. Batteries there start at about £40 for the ickkle ones, and a biggie is usually about £60-£70. Go to LSUK (Lucas) or similar and get a feck-off big battery for about £35. Check that the CCA (cold cranking amps) are at least the same if not more, (and that it's the same measurement, SAE or IEC) and you can't go wrong.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

GSF do a great battery at a good price. Had one for the ZX TD a couple of years back. £25 all in if memory serves me well.
reades

Post by reades »

Hi,
Funny had exactly the same problem with my 405 H reg 1.9 GLD 2 weeks ago. It went dead in tesco car park and had to call recovery man out. There was a "sell by date" on mine, the guy said it was 8 years old, so can't complain.
I phoned around Reading and bought a new one from Bracknell Tyre & Battery (They do the cheapest tyres in Berks) for £37 fitted.
Their address: Longshot Lane, Bracknell, RG12 1RL (right next to the council dump /amenity site). Tel: 01344 411 323.
Advice when you get there make sure your car goes on the list on the white board in the office.
Rod
OwenP
My Cars:

Post by OwenP »

Ok got a new Battery from my local garage (38+Vat) and fitted it last night. Also found I don't have the key for the alarm, anyone know the best way to get a new one of those?
No markings on the old battery, the new one has a crank arm of 590, does that sound about right?
Seems to start the car ok. Much much better than the old one.
Didn't really have time to mail order anything as I need the car most days.