bumper problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

b21playa

bumper problem

Post by b21playa »

Got a problem where suddenly the bumper on one side has dropped.
had a look and its the bracket that attaches to the wing has come off and now ive lost it
thing is, i can see on the other side its out of riveted on, but i need to know if another bracket can be obtained and fixed on or do i need another bumper?
samcro

Post by samcro »

Could you not get one from a scrappy?
b21playa

Post by b21playa »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by samcro</i>

Could you not get one from a scrappy?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
im selling the car so dont wan to spend money on it and a decent bumper in the right colour would cost about #80
samcro

Post by samcro »

Ah, right. I thought it was just the bracket that was broken and was meaning get a replacement bracket. Didn't realise it means a new bumper.
Get a long screw and blast it throught the bumper and into the bodywork. Watch out for wires, hoses etc though. If there's some trim you can peel back or unclip then the screw can be put in under this. Put the trim back on over the screw and nobody will see it. This worked on an old Cavalier I was getting rid of. It had been reversed diagonally into a wall and one of the side clips had broken. A bit crude, but it worked.