Help Peugeot 106 1.1

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

svesey
My Cars:

Help Peugeot 106 1.1

Post by svesey »

Can anyone help. Peugeot 106 1.1 engine Marelli G6 ecu with Weber/Marelli throttle body. The idle rpm can be high but the car tends to stall when you attempt to move off. When travelling at approx 40 mph in 4th gear and you accelerate the engine hesitates as if starved of petrol then accelerates. Is this a common problem with a common fix?
Does anyone have the data in order to check the throttle position sensor & the thermistor?
Anyone out there know how to read the fault codes using the MIL lamp on the dash or otherwise? If you do do you have the fault code listings?
All help appreciated
M11REH
My Cars:

Post by M11REH »

Hello, just had a similar issue with our 106 1.1i except ours was over fuelling after a recent clutch change.
Anyway it turned out to be two of the three earth straps on the top of the gearbox not being connected after the cluch was refitted which was throwing the sensors into disaray, giving similar things to you. If this is no good try this link which explains the fault codes and how to get at them:
http://www.troublecodes.net/peugeot/
Hope these maybe of some use!?[:)]
svesey
My Cars:

Post by svesey »

Thanks Mark. Got the codes from the link you posted. 52 was the one. Turned out to be the lambda sensor after checking everything else.