How to replace 106 rear torsion bushes????

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

reno9

How to replace 106 rear torsion bushes????

Post by reno9 »

How to replace rear torsion suspension bushes????
I have really problem that how to replace these bushes - there are 4 pieces each side - maybe somebody have haynes manual and maybe he/she can scan these pictures who show how to to this job. My car is 1996 Pug 106 1.1 and these bushes are really out of service but already I have new ones but I need instruction - best way is some pictures. I really hope that anybody can help me .
madasafish

Post by madasafish »

My Haynes manual says: special tools required. Use a Peugeot dealer:-(
reno9

Post by reno9 »

Really?? I think that its not so hard to to it yourself, but is there no pictures at all?? there must be something! Peugeot dealer ask lot´s of money for this operation. Please maybe somebody have more information.
reno9

Post by reno9 »

???
farmboy

Post by farmboy »

Is it the mounting bushes? or the bushes/bearings in the torsion beam itself? if it is the mounting bushes these are done by jacking the car off the road, removing the wheels then from the boot removing the four bolts which attach the torsion beam to the car (support the whole beam on two axel stands)lower it down bearing in mind the break lines then remove the mounts/replace and lift the whole beam back upto the car. All The Best
reno9

Post by reno9 »

I need to change the torsion bushes- wich are in the torsion- but thanks anyway.