Philips Autochanger Reports "NO DISC"

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

colinfor

Philips Autochanger Reports "NO DISC"

Post by colinfor »

I have a '98 406 2.1 Exec with the factory fitted Philips 6 CD autochanger. Been working OK for over a year but it now reports "NO DISC" when you try loading discs.
I have removed it from its mount and removed the covers to watch what happens. As soon as you insert the tray the machine "tastes" each disc (draws it in about 3/4 of the way) and moves to the next. As it samples each disc, in turn, it reports NO DISC and finally the audio system returns to the tuner.
Any thoughts ?
chrismillie

Post by chrismillie »

sound like the laser that reads the cd has given up very common on pc drives also was a common fault on play staion wich you could buy a new head for £35.there is one for sale on EBAY philip autochanger with no leads or disk cartrige?has come out of a 406. prob go for nothink worth a look as you have got all the bits or get your own fixed hope this is of some help....
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

You could always try the reset button / manual eject button. This may reset the system
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Could just be dirt on the lens.
You can get cleaning disks but they don't work very well. Better to open it up, locate the laser and give it a wipe with a cottonbud.