diesel turbo 306 heater matrix

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

komodo1
My Cars:

diesel turbo 306 heater matrix

Post by komodo1 »

Hi just joined, read through some posts, i hope someone can guide/help me with some experience of removing the heater matrix. Just come back from the coast when the temp light began to blink. I've found on closer inspection coolant traces in the lower air tubes of the center console. peering up i've found coolant traces near to where the heater matrix is. Now in order to remove the matrix complete in the whole ventilation system the Haynes manual states removal of the centre controls etc and then can be lowered out? i just need to know is this correct? or does the whole dash have to come off. Regards
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Komodo. If you type in "heater matrix" in the search box you should find loads of stuff about replacing the heater matrix.. :-)
solara

Post by solara »

Yes, the whole dash has to come out. However, the heater matrix can be disconnected from the drivers bay (rather than engine compartment) much less hassle. Search the honest john website technical forum for "pug 306 matrix" and you should find the whole job with pics there.
komodo1
My Cars:

Post by komodo1 »

sorry for lenght of delay to respond, come back from me holiday. Cheers for the advice, Peugeot got the job, ouch you robbing me blind. No when I saw the amount of work, time and risk = no garage, no time and mechanically no way involved i spent £551.00 icludes vat and part (£37.00). No leaks car drives better than it use to, the mechanic stated it has been going for a time. again many thanks.