205 and 309 - Interchangeable Parts?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

My Cars:

205 and 309 - Interchangeable Parts?

Post by 609 »

I am assured by someone who raced 205s that the front ends of the 205 and 309 are interchangeable. How true is this?
I need some British headlamps for my LHD 309. The local breaker only has 205 lamps - £15 each - but swears they are identical.
Hmmm. Hard to tell for sure visually. The quarter lights look different. All Peugeot Customer Service cared to say was that the part numbers are different.
Anyone?
<i>I suppose I could go always go for a conversion. Only £299 inc VAT</i>
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Dont know about the lights but the front subframe, engine, suspension etc is all the same. The 309's rear axle is wider though. Best thing would be to go along there, if he wants to sell them enough he will let you try and clip them into your car first
My Cars:

Post by 609 »

Thanks!
The yard did not inspire me to loiter - a vista of tattoos and an unchained Alsatian. But if it's a question of a few clips . . . .
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by 609</i>

I am assured by someone who raced 205s that the front ends of the 205 and 309 are interchangeable. How true is this?
I need some British headlamps for my LHD 309. The local breaker only has 205 lamps - £15 each - but swears they are identical.
Hmmm. Hard to tell for sure visually. The quarter lights look different. All Peugeot Customer Service cared to say was that the part numbers are different.
Anyone?
<i>I suppose I could go always go for a conversion. Only £299 inc VAT</i>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
309 & 205 hedlamps are different. if you park them next to each other they look very different.
front doors are interchangeable.